I recently came across this article "Small Businesses Beware: Half of all Cyber-Attacks Target You" and it resonated with what we at D&G Solutions have been seeing out in the Small and Medium Business world. Its worth reading the article, but to highlight a few of the key points made.
Small business owners frequently assume that hackers have little interest in attacking their organisations - "after all," they reason, "what data do I have that a hacker could consider valuable?"
They are terribly wrong. In fact, today, about half of all cyberattacks target small businesses.
The trend towards targeting small businesses is likely to continue - small businesses have become, in the eyes of many hackers, more attractive targets than larger enterprises. Here are some of the reasons:
1. Small business owners pay ransoms.
2. Small businesses have valuable data.
3. Small businesses provide hackers access into larger enterprises.
4. Small businesses can provide hackers access into many other small businesses.
5. Small businesses often lack adequate cyber-defenses.
6. It is likely a lot easier to get away with hacking a small business than a large enterprise.
If any of these strike a chord with you, Contact us, and we can assist with reviewing your existing security stance with a Security Audit.